Millions of people around the world have changed their routine abruptly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have stopped hugging, kissing, and shaking hands with our loved ones or acquaintances because of the fear of being infected by the virus; we have increased our hygiene by washing our hands with soap and water several times a day; and our schedules and leisure activities have been disrupted.
We also feel this impact in our working life. Many companies, unfortunately, have had to close their doors and others have sent their employees home to work remotely. T2T bets on intelligent digital work, which is defined in the following recommendations.
Tips for better remote digital work
- First of all, prepare your workspace well. Prepare an environment where you can concentrate and maintain your productivity.
- Take regular breaks. This will help you to keep your mind clear to overcome an intense accumulation of tasks.
- Feel good while you are working outside the office. Dress and groom yourself as if you were going to work in your office or usual place of work.
- Stay connected. Communicate with your colleagues either by video call, phone call or exchanging messages through messaging applications.
- Improve the quality of communication. Avoid long e-mails. Less is more. Write clearly and directly.
- Manage your agenda well. Organize your time well and optimize your calendar. Don’t have an unstable schedule that worsens the quality of your work and life.
- Set the beginning and end of your day. Mark the hours of work that you are going to develop from home. If your schedule is eight hours, you do not work more or less.
- Make a priorities plan. Prioritize tasks to make the best use of your time.
- Have smart meetings. Focus on priorities to get the best performance in your work. Plan and structure your meetings well so you don’t lose time.
Along with all these tips, we must include one of vital importance: Be in control of your time. A good management can make us succeed or reap a failure. Take care of yourself and you will take care of everything else.