Many companies in all economic sectors choose to outsource some of their departments to achieve greater effectiveness at all levels.¬†Companies in the fashion world also delegate part of their¬†task¬†to outsourcing companies.¬†In this sense, it is important to evaluate a number of aspects if our production model is based on this strategy.
If our company is dedicated to design, produce and sell garments, our decision to outsource some departments will depend on the volume of business.¬†If we grow in production, demand and¬†the number¬†of sales it will be preferable to ask for help from other outsourcing companies instead of the work surpassing us and drowning our numbers and our employees.
What aspects should we take into account when subcontracting if we are a fashion company?¬†Below are detailed in a list:
- Experience. We must value what level of experience should have the company or individual professionals we are going to contract. Depending on the job needed to do, it can be a junior or a senior.
- Flexibility. We have to fix the time and conditions of work in the contract we make. If we outsource a task, but do not develop it productively, our company will be wasting time and money.
- Quality. There are many companies in the market that are dedicated to outsourcing. We must make a good choice. The most important thing is the quality of the work they offer to us. We have to know their way of working by looking at projects that they have made and that are similar to the one we demand.
- The costs. With subcontracting we will reduce costs because employees will not be our staff and we will only have to pay at the end of the month or at the end of the week an invoice for the work they have done for us. Our company will not have to pay social insurance as the outsourcing company will be a supplier.
- Languages. If our company is multinational and sells or manufactures in countries with different languages from our headquarters, we must take this into account. If our language is English, there is no point to subcontract a company that does not speak our language. Let us ensure that language is not a barrier.
Outsourcing services in a fashion Company
Without a doubt, subcontracting will help us but we must avoid mistakes so our company don‚Äôt waste time and money. Outsourcing tasks such as logistics, stock, public relations or the communication cabinet in a company dedicated to the world of fashion will benefit us.